Project range includes managing a corporate graphic image campaign, collateral development, marketing/sales tool creation, publication design and content development, PR campaign and copy, sales and sales management training course content, trade journal articles, audio-video productions, e-learning course content, book manuscript writing, business writing instruction and research reports.
- Aetna – Educated former product-based group department to new customer service philosophy via weekly e-mail on original cartoon character, Max Power, and how Aetna affects his life at every major life stage. Involved working with committee of eight and cartoonist; Wrote letters and e-mails to policyholders and plan sponsors; wrote all copy for newsletter to Aetna Group Long-Term Care Insurance Plan members.
- Connecticut National Life – As Sales Promotion Officer: managed all communications to field force and media; created and implemented sales campaign for new life product that became company's #2 revenue source; managed $100K national radio and magazine advertising campaign; created annual report; hired and supervised vendors; handled public relations.
- ING (Voya) – Interviewed ING executives and wrote articles for the employee magazine and online newsletter (“Orange Scoop”); consulted with human resources representative and wrote internal electronic communications on reorganizations, dress code, and other issues.
- LIMRA International – Freelance: Revised and updated anti-money laundering online course for insurance producers; wrote six module field management training course for RBC Insurance; created marketing module for the Retirement Distribution Planning course; hired and supervised photographer and designer to create promotional piece to announce Valued Inforce Client (VIC) to member companies; created marketing concepts and wrote CD script on “Trends and Insights into Marketing Long-Term Care Insurance.” On Staff: Managed three person telemarketing department; sold premier magazine advertising; promoted $1+ million publications library; project managed new corporate graphic design look; researched and wrote consumer, producer, and management texts.
- MassMutual – Devised creative concept and wrote copy for MassMutual's Learning & Conference Center brochure while working closely with in-house staff; wrote all content for series of disability income brochures for women.
- New York Life – Researched and wrote articles on exercise and health for quarterly consumer publication geared to the senior market.
- The Hartford – Researched and wrote 12 educational essays for small business section of website; for two years wrote consumer newsletter, “Safer Ways”; created articles for brokerage e-newsletter; served as sole script writer for CD ROM “A New Way of Doing Business” featuring the President of the Group Benefits Division; wrote eight page executive summary of The Hartford's Life Insurance Literacy Study.
Health Care/ Social Services/Public Services
- Bristol Hospital – For 9 years interviewed patients and hospital staff and wrote more than a dozen articles for consumer magazine, “Health Sense.”
- CTTransit – Interviewed company employees and wrote stories for this 900 employee public transportation company's magazine.
- Northeast Utilities (Eversource) – Served as on staff writer in benefits department for four months writing SPD (Summary Plan Descriptions); promoting financial planning seminars for employees; creating messages for senior staff.
- Pfizer – Researched, wrote script, and project managed a webcast on Therapeutic Area Leadership Teams at the world's largest researched based pharmaceutical company.
- STAR Mentoring Services – Over four years, performed a variety of marketing and communication services including creating a promotional poster in two languages; writing a capability brochure; drafting a statistical evaluation report; writing an op-ed opinion piece for the state's leading newspaper.
Trade Associations/Business Groups
- Connecticut Business & Industry Association (CBIA) - Over 8+ years interviewed experts and wrote 40+ articles on small business topics for monthly 10,000 circulation magazine.
- Farmington Chamber of Commerce – Attended board meetings; served on marketing committee; project managed, wrote, and edited quarterly newsletter for two years.
- Dupont Learning – Creating the content for more than 20 e-learning courses for clients including Hamilton Sundstrand, Carrier Corporation, and Noven Pharmaceuticals
- Peapod Design – Create viewbooks and website content for many independent private schools including The Grove School, SAR Academy, Tuxedo Park School, and Washington Episcopal School,
- Computer Identics/I.D. Matrix – Wrote copy for capability brochure to showcase customer service enhancements.
- Manafort Brothers – Served on project team as sole copywriter to upgrade construction company's employee magazine. Wrote four 12 page issues.
- Otis Elevator Company – Attended quarterly employee meeting and summarized for electronic internal publication; wrote copy for Otis e*Logistics Quick Guide and Glossary; edited e*training sales system copy for English-speaking audience; interviewed employees and wrote articles for 8,000 circulation employee magazine; wrote brochure on UTC Employee Development and Networking Centers.
- Geomatrix Productions – Wrote video scripts for sales videos and corporate videos for companies including Cooper-Atkins, All American Waste, and Casey Family Services
- Tunxis Community College – Wrote and delivered 10+ day-long effective business writing courses to state employees, ESPN and several community banks.
- Saint Rafael Hospital – Created and delivered two writing workshops for hospital employees, Chambers and other business groups.
- Correct & Collect: A Manual for Starting Your Own Business as a Utility Bill Analyst – Served as project manager and wrote much of the content for this 120 page training manual.
- Don't Get Fooled Again: A Decision Maker's Guide to Market Research – Over the course of two years, helped write, edit, proofread, and market this 22 chapter self-published book
- Hartford Business Journal – Wrote bylined articles on marketing, website content, and other topics.
- The Hartford Courant – Devised campaign that culminated in client being featured on the cover of the “Business Weekly” section; Ghostwrote letter to the editor for President of major HMO; wrote advertorial for Saint Francis Hospital.
- LIMRA – Wrote many LIMRA publications, including best-sellers. Market varied among consumers, sales producers, field sales management, and home office marketing departments. Titles include: The Habits of Sales Success; The Pocketful of Lists; Quantum Leap Retention, and The Trusted Advisor.