Chris John Amorosino
Creative business writing and content marketing communicator with versatile experience in B2B and consumer markets. Manage, create, write, and implement web and print communications and marketing projects that clearly and effectively reach the intended audience and produce the desired results. Adept at both client and internal staff relationship-building. Outstanding people skills. Successfully managed and completed projects targeting field management, sales forces, clients, corporate employees, transactional website customers, health care professionals and consumers.
Cigna (Aquent/Sapient) Website Content Developer and Customer Service Communicator
- Researched, revised and created content for Cigna customer website. Six week project expanded to 4 months. Wrote FAQ and “My Health” site components.
- Served on team of 18 visual designers, system analysts, information architects, programmers, and writers to interpret wireframes, site maps, and functional specifications to conform to changing national market needs
- Contracted a second time on Cigna's website for health care professionals. Five month project expanded to 9 months. Focused on registration, error messaging, site tour, and other site components.
- Interpreted the corporate Internet vision, adhered to business requirements and conveyed the corporate personality through its style guide and “Words We Use”
- Created website style guide
- Contracted a third time in 2014 to apply clear language principles to Gaps in Care communications and Group Life and Accident letters
- 2015 contract included behavioral health communication updates
Amorosino Writing, LLC - Unionville, CT
Principal – Founded freelance writing and marketing services business. Responsible for business development, client acquisition, pricing, subcontracting with vendors, and development/delivery of product.
- Sole copywriter on team of eight to create 37-week internal e-mail campaign to convert 500 employee division from product to customer service mindset. Created unique cartoon concept and wrote all copy.
- Researched, designed, and wrote marketing module for international trade association's industry-wide Retirement and Distribution Planning Course.
- Created concept, wrote, and managed production of sales marketing kit for new distribution arm at $100 billion company. First year sales exceeded the goal of $1 million.
- Wrote 10 e-learning courses for subsidiary of one of the country's five largest manufacturing firms.
- Wrote and delivered 15+ business writing workshops to employees at ESPN, Saint Rafael Hospital, the state of Connecticut and elsewhere.
Connecticut National Life Insurance Company - Simsbury, CT
Sales Promotion Officer
Success in this position resulted in being named a company officer.
- Created and implemented sales campaign for new product that became #2 revenue source within one month.
- Developed concept, wrote copy, and bought media for company launch into direct marketing. Media included the web, national radio, and 10+ million circulation print magazines.
- Positioned CNL as a leading life brokerage company, helping company grow to an A+ rated, $3.5 billion life insurance in force company.
LIMRA International - Windsor, CT
Sales Promotion Manager
- Managed telemarketing/customer service unit that increased proactive sales by 55%.
- Consistently increased sales of $1+ million industry publications library.
- Researched and wrote best-selling agent, field management, and consumer texts including the number one seller in a library of 150 publications for this research trade association.
- Worked with internal consultants and non-US members to broaden the association's international scope and appeal.
- Created the association's first full color catalog with outside vendor. Sales increased more than 15%.
B.A., English, with emphasis on creative writing, University of Maine
Elementary school teaching certificate, Eastern Connecticut State University